Roles of the RSG Executives
- The RSG Executive Board is composed of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Internal Affairs Officer, External Affairs Officer, and Secretary. Together, the RSG Executive Board holds numerous meeting with members of the student body as well as with University and national leaders that are of importance to graduate students.
- The President of the Graduate Student Body serves as the chief executive officer of the Rackham Student Government as well as the chief spokesperson and advocate of the graduate student body. The president leads and manages the activities of the executive board and chairs the government’s legislature (the RSG Board).
- The Vice President of the Graduate Student Body serves as the chief administrative officer of the Rackham Student Government. The Vice President oversees the government’s legislative process as well as its six standing and ad-hoc committees. The Vice President is also responsible for the government’s brand management and communication strategy.
- The Treasurer of the Graduate Student Body serves as the chief financial officer of the Rackham Student Government. The treasurer oversees the government’s financial policies and in particular the government’s student activity funding apparatus.
- The Legislative Affairs Officer serves as the primary contact for all Rackham Student Government proceedings external to the University, including city, state, federal offices/organizations not limited to: Student Advocates for Graduate Education (SAGE), Ann Arbor City Council, Ann Arbor Department of Public Safety (DPS), Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority
- The Secretary serves as the chief records officer for Rackham Student Government, act as the historian, and is the organizing and scheduling officer for each meeting.