The Budget Committee is in charge of all financial correspondence with RSG and its constituents. The committee manages the budget, allocates money to student organizations, and leads fundraising efforts. For information on funding, please refer to our Funding website. To contact the Budget Committee, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention, student organizations: RSG’s budgetary committee follows the University of Michigan’s academic calendar. The next meeting in the Winter semester has yet to be determined.
Funding Application Questions
Below are the questions contained in the RSG Funding Application Google Form, so that you can more easily draft your answers before opening the form to submit:
Part 1: Organization Information
1. Is your organization registered with the Center for Campus Involvement (CCI)?
2. Please provide the name and a brief description of your organization/group/club/etc.
3. Do all of your events/activities take place on UM’s campus?
4. Please list the specific locations (on or off-campus) where your events take place.
5. Does your group engage in political activities? If so, please describe them.
6. Does your group engage in lobbying efforts? If so, please describe them.
7. Does your group work with any UM department or other UM student organizations? If so, please list them.
8. Is your group affiliated with a national, parent, and/or umbrella organization? If so, please describe this relationship and how it plays a role in funding your organization.
9. What is your organization’s yearly budget?
10. What percentage of your organization is UM graduate students?
Part 2: Event Information
11. What is the title, date/time, and location of your event?
12. Briefly describe the overall purpose of the event.
13. Describe how this event will affect our campus and the UM graduate student body.
14. What percentage of your organization’s yearly budget is set aside for this event?
15. Who is eligible to participate in this event? (undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty/staff, other)
16. How many UM graduate student attendees do you anticipate? What percentage of your attendees do you expect to be UM graduate students?
17. How many UM undergraduate student attendees do you anticipate? What percentage of your attendees do you expect to be UM undergraduate students?
18. Will there be any charges for admission? If so, what is the charge?
19. Does this event include other UM groups or departments? If so, please list them.
20. Are you sponsoring this event with other UM groups or departments? If so, please list them.
21. Is your organization traveling? If so, please explain why this is integral to your event and how it will impact the UM graduate student community.
22. Is your organization purchasing food? If so, please explain why this is integral to your event and how it will impact the UM graduate student community. Additionally, explain where you are ordering from and what the approximate food cost is per attendee.
23. Is your organization bringing a speaker/performer/DJ/photographer (or any other paid individual for services rendered)? If so, please explain why this is integral to your event and how it will impact the UM graduate student community. Please explain the amount they will be paid, as determined based on similar services.
24. If applicable to question 21, please attach a short biography of the performer(s).
25. Please attach a mock-up version of the flier, publication, or t-shirt for your event containing the RSG logo or “Sponsored by the Rackham Student Government”.
26. Please fill out the template tables detailing (1) other funding bodies to which you have applied and/or from which you have received funds and (2) your comprehensive event budget.
27. If RSG does not fully fund your event in the amount requested, how do you intend to cover these costs? Will the event still be held?
We are always open to constructive feedback regarding our decisions, so let us know what you think! Please email: email@example.com.
Non-exhaustive list of other funding sources*:
CSG (Central Student Government)
Student Organization Funding Commission (SOFC)
OAMI (Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives)
MESA (Office of Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs)
LSA-SG (LSA Student Government)
Ginsberg Center for Community Service and Learning
RHA (Residence Halls Association)
*Note: All may not be applicable to your event